A Clarkston Scholar is a highly-driven student who excels in the classroom, has a focused interest and passion for the life sciences industry and intends to enter the life sciences industry upon graduation. The Clarkston Scholars Program will provide one sophomore attending a four-year college/university undergraduate program in Pennsylvania who is majoring in a life sciences-related field of study a scholarship award, dispersed once for junior year and once for senior year. In addition, the Clarkston Scholar will receive exposure to the life sciences industry through mentoring with Clarkston Consulting and participation in Pennsylvania Bio events over the course of the two-year scholarship award period.
- Be a sophomore at a fouryear accredited college or university undergraduate program
- Attend a college or university in Pennsylvania
- Be enrolled in a life sciences major (e.g. biomedical, biotechnology, chemistry, pharmacy)
- Have and maintain a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher for the entire duration of the scholarship
- Be available to participate in an inperson interview in the greater Philadelphia area with a Clarkston Consulting representative as part of the finalist selection process
- Be available March 9 for the scholarship award ceremony
- Be willing to attend two events in the Philadelphia area per year, to be approved by their Clarkston mentor
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Essay: In 500 words or less, write an essay stating your opinion of an issue impacting the pharmaceutical and biotech industry in the state of Pennsylvania.
For more information or to apply.