Part of the WTS goal of fostering the development of women in the transportation field can be realized by encouraging bright new professionals to undertake careers in the area of transportation. The Dallas/Fort Worth Chapter WTS Undergraduate Leadership Scholarship is awarded to women pursuing undergraduate studies in transportation or a related field.The purpose of the D/FW Chapter WTS Undergraduate Leadership Scholarship is to motivate and reward women who demonstrate leadership in the transportation industry. The leadership, skills, and perspective of women are essential to assure that the transportation systems of the future respond to the needs of all. Leadership does not just happen. Leaders personally invest and risk much. They must take on struggles that many would avoid and persevere to reach successful outcomes. These qualities should receive special attention in the selection of the award winner.
- Open to women
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program in a transportationrelated field, such as transportation engineering, planning, finance, or logistics in certain colleges/universities in Texas and Oklahoma
- Plans to pursue a career in a transportationrelated field
- Specifically address the issue of leadership on the personal statement
- Past undergraduate leadership scholarship winners are not eligible
For more information or to apply