The Mutual of Omaha Actuarial Scholarship for Minority Students is awarded to undergraduates preparing for actuarial careers. The $5,000 award, which is paid in equal installments during the school year ($2,500 per semester), is contingent upon the recipient's continued satisfactory preparation for an actuarial career.
- A member of a minority racial group
- Must be one of the following: U.S. citizen; permanent resident; recipient of asylee or refugee status by the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service; temporary resident under 1986 Amnesty Programs
- Enrolled as a fulltime undergraduate student (must have successfully completed 24 semester hours, of which 18 must be graded hours)
- Pursuing an actuarial or mathematicsrelated degree, with the goal of pursuing an actuarial career
- Scholastic achievement in undergraduate program (minimum 3.4 GPA)
- Passed at least one actuarial exam
- Willingness to relocate to Omaha for the duration of the summer
- If selected as a scholarship recipient, the recipient must successfully complete a summer internship at Mutual of
- Omaha's home office to be eligible for scholarship funds The summer internship will run from May August each year
- Mutual of Omaha's Actuarial interns enjoy paid housing, a competitive hourly rate of pay, financial incentives for successful exam results received during the internship period and the opportunity to participate in a variety of companysponsored activities throughout the summer. Interns typically have actuarial exposure in two different business units during their internship. Renewal of the scholarship is contingent upon maintaining a 3.4 GPA at the end of the academic year.
For more information or to apply.