The new UQ Ph.D. scholarships are available on offer to support Category 1 project grants to study in Australia. Australian and Permanent Residents or NZ citizens and International students are eligible to apply.
UQ is a research-intensive institution in the top 50 universities worldwide, offering choice and opportunity in undergraduate and postgraduate learning.
Students must have achieved an entry level OP minimum of 11 or the equivalent if originating from another Australian state or territory or for continuing students has a GPA of at least 4.0.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:Minimum qualifications:
Subject to the approval of the Dean, UQ Graduate School, the University accepts qualifications equivalent to a UQ bachelor’s degree with honors class IIA or better, which is the standard basis of admission.
This must include a relevant research component as described in the ‘Relevant Research Experience’ section of this site.The minimum level of academic achievement:
To meet the Graduate School admissions requirements for a Ph.D. you would need to provide evidence of one of the following:
- A bachelor’s degree with honors class IIA or better from approved universities, which should include a relevant research component.
- A research master’s degree
- A coursework master’s degree and an overall GPA (grade point average) equivalent to 5.65 on the 7-point UQ scale, which should include a relevant research component.
- A postgraduate degree of at least one year full-time equivalent with an overall GPA (grade point average) equivalent to 5.0 on the 7-point UQ scale, together with demonstrated research experience equivalent to honors IIA will be considered for Ph.D. entry on a case by case basis.
- A bachelor’s degree plus at least two years of documented relevant research experience, including research publications.
English Language Requirements:
Applicants must meet the university’s English language proficiency requirements apply.
For more information or to apply.