WTS fosters the development of women and girls in the transportation field by encouraging bright new professionals and students to undertake careers in the area of transportation. One way it does this is by awarding the Transportation YOU Scholarships to girls pursuing high school studies in science, technology, engineering and math.Transportation YOU is a hands-on, interactive, mentoring program that offers young girls ages 13-18 an introduction to a wide variety of transportation careers. Through the program and this scholarship program, WTS chapters work to make a difference in the lives of young girls by offering programs and activities that will spark their interest in all modes of transportation and encourage them to take courses in math, science and technology, which are the stepping stones to exciting careers that can change the face of the transportation industry.
- Open to high school senior girls
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Currently enrolled in a high school in Texas and Oklahoma studying math, science, and technology
- Considering a career in a transportationrelated field.
- Past Transportation YOU Scholarship winner is not eligible.
- Applications must be submitted through local WTS chapters. The scholarships are competitive and based on the applicant's specific transportation goals, academic record, and transportationrelated activities or job skills. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply. Please contact your local WTS chapter at the address listed below for specifics.
- See the list of eligible high schools in Texas. Students at other schools in Texas should apply to the Heart of Texas, Houston or San Antonio chapters, depending on eligibility.
For more information or to apply.